Red, White and Blue Recipes for Independence Day
Celebrate Independence Day with the colors of freedom! DaVita dietitians put together red, white or blue salad and dessert recipes to complement your July 4th decorations. Pick one or more to include at this weekend’s barbecue, picnic or social gathering.
For more recipe ideas read past posts “Last Minute Dishes for 4th of July” and “Favorite 4th of July Kidney-friendly Picnic Recipes”
- Berries Napoleon
- Creamy Grape Salad (Use red or dark purple grapes)
- Cranberry Dip with Fresh Fruit (serve with apples, pears, and strawberries)
- Cucumber and Radish Salad (peel the cucumbers)
- High Protein Jell-O© Cubes (Make it with red or blue gelatin)
- Mixed Berry and Basil Fruit Salad
- Popcorn Balls (Add a few drops of red or blue food coloring)
- Red, White and Blue Pie
- Red, White and Blue Salad
- Stuffed Strawberries (top with a blueberry)
Additional Kidney Diet Resources
Visit DaVita.com and explore these diet and nutrition resources:
This article is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment. Consult your physician and dietitian regarding your specific diagnosis, treatment, diet and health questions.