The health and safety of our patients and teammates is our top priority. We are keeping a close eye on this situation and reinforcing the extensive infection control practices already in place to protect them. Click here to find videos and additional resources.
myDaVita.com: the newest resource for kidney patients and caregivers
The week of May 25, 2012 is an exciting week for DaVita. It marks the launch of myDaVita.com, an enhanced social networking experience for kidney patients and caregivers to connect with others in the kidney care community and build a social support network.
This online resource was designed to help patients and caregivers understand and manage all aspects of kidney care. myDaVita.com helps users to make lasting connections and build a support network within the kidney community.
Here are some of the exciting things myDaVita.com users can do:
- Participate in forum discussions to ask questions, get support and inspire others within the myDavita.com community
- Join groups within myDaVita.com to stay on top of topics they are particularly interested in
- Save recipes and articles and organize into folders they create
- Read recipe ratings and reviews and add personal notes to saved recipes
- Interact with each other via private messages
- Create a profile page customized with their personal story and hobbies, birthday, location, and their kidney connection
- View other user’s public profile pages
- Adjust security settings to share or make private the information they choose
- Upload photos, and view their friends and groups they have joined
A bonus for Davita dialysis patients is the new myDaVita.com also contains the DaVita Health Portal, where patients can track and view graphs of weight and lab results, monitor medications, including refill status, insurance, and care team information. They can click on resource links to find articles, information and forums related to specific lab values.
With myDaVita.com, we hope users experience improved quality of life by connecting with others in the kidney care community more easily than ever before. For kidney patients, the ability to to be more proactive and engaged regarding their health, and have the tools to manage their kidney care will improve overall health and satisfaction.
To experience myDaVita.com go to www.DaVita.com, register for your account and start exploring myDaVita.com features. Let me know what you think.
Kidney diet resources from DaVita.com