The health and safety of our patients and teammates is our top priority. We are keeping a close eye on this situation and reinforcing the extensive infection control practices already in place to protect them. Click here to find videos and additional resources.
March 13 is RD Day!
Happy Registered Dietitian Day to all you dietitians reading the Kidney Diet Tips blog! Registered dietitians around the nation are honored today as they are recognized for their service to improve nutrition and quality of life in their patients and communities.
According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) Registered Dietitian Day was created to increase the awareness of registered dietitians as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services and to recognize RDs for their commitment to helping people enjoy healthy lives.
The DaVita Dietitian Team is made of over 1600 dietitians who educate and assess DaVita patients, review new lab results and counsel on diet, nutrition and medications, help develop and initiate a plan of care for each patient to reach optimal nutrition goals, and develop relationships with their patients and their caregivers. They also support each other and work as a team to create education materials, develop kidney diet tools and resources, and plan and carry out initiatives to help improve their patient’s outcomes.
For the second year Davita Dietitians are taking their expertise out to local communities during March, which is also National Nutrition Month. they have created presentations and activites and are going to schools, grocery stores, community centers and multiple events to promote healthy eating and lifestyle changes that improve health in their communities.
Did you know these facts about dietitians?
- Registered Dietitians are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
- Registered Dietitians have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship and passed an examination.
- Registered Dietitians use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
- Registered Dietitians work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research and private practice.
- Registered Dietitians are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.
Take a minute to recognize your own dietitian today. If you do not have a dietitian, go to www.eatright.org and click on “Find a Registered Dietitian” to search for a dietitian in your area. Dietitians who specialize in diabetes and kidney management are noted in the search information.
Kidney diet resources from DaVita.com