The health and safety of our patients and teammates is our top priority. We are keeping a close eye on this situation and reinforcing the extensive infection control practices already in place to protect them. Click here to find videos and additional resources.
Winter will be here soon. Unfortunately this means the arrival of winter colds. There are some cold-busting things you can do to stay healthy. One of the things you can do to help maintain a healthy immune system is practice good nutrition.
- Eat high quality protein foods
- Enjoy fruits and vegetables for a dose of natural vitamin C
- Include vitamin D sources such as fatty fish like salmon and tuna, whole eggs, or fortified dairy, milk substitutes or cereal
- Take a daily vitamin D supplement if prescribed
- Choose immune-boosting foods for cold-busting impact
- Make a pot of homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Enjoy a cup of hot green tea full of antioxidants
Since prevention is key, there are some things you can do to help prevent colds and flu:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze or cough
- Keep a distance from those who are sick or wear a mask for protection
- Avoid touching your face–germs can enter through your nose and mouth
- Be sure to get a flu shot
- Relax and de-stress
Wishing you a happy and healthy start to this holiday season!