Week 2: DaVita Health Tour Continues Rolling Through California
Day to day, especially for those of us who don’t work directly with our patients, we sometimes forget what an impact DaVita makes on the lives of so many. But after the second week of the DaVita Health Tour, we felt incredibly lucky to be reminded of how important what we do really is. Week two saw us stopping at Mercado Latino Tianguis in Bakersfield, FoodMaxx in Clovis, Merced Mercy Family and Health Fair in Merced, and Tesoro Community Park in Manteca.
We heard a lot of heartwarming comments from people stopping by for free screenings or wanting to learn about their risks for kidney disease:
- “It was nice to be able to come in and very quickly have my blood pressure and health vitals taken and have the information given back to me in real-time.” James (Merced, CA)
- “I have been affected by kidney problems in the past. Today’s event really helped me refocus on my kidney health.” Blanca (Madera, CA)
- “This reminded me how important it is to keep your blood pressure under control and exercise. I watched the video presentation while I was waiting, and it was good information about the importance of maintaining your health.” Louis (San Diego, CA)
- “Thank you, DaVita, for coming to our neighborhood!” John (Clovis, CA)
Then, as we neared the end of a good but long week on the road, this:
- “I am looking for a new job, and I am so glad you are here today. I don’t have insurance, and I learned a lot today. I’m thankful for the testing.” Maria (Manteca, CA)
Are you at risk for kidney disease? Find out if you may be at risk in less than 60 seconds.