Year 10—We Did it Again!
We’re delighted to announce that, for the 10th year in a row, DaVita was named one of FORTUNE® magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies. We’re proud to be recognized on this list. One of our long-standing traditions when teammates gather in our large meetings and Town Halls is call and response. Our mayor, KT, often calls out “No Brag!” and teammates respond with “Just Fact!” when we have exciting news.
Although we don’t believe in bragging, we do believe in facts. In the spirit of our Core Value of Fun, I present to you in reverse order, 10 reasons DaVita is one of the World’s Most Admired Companies:
10. Through DaVita’s Way of Giving program, our teammates have directed donation of nearly $6.8 million to local nonprofits in communities across the nation.
9. Recognized as a top performer by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Five-Star Quality Rating System, DaVita is noted as having the most centers that meet or exceed quality standards compared to any other major dialysis provider.
8. Our nickname is Da-Eat-a.
7. Just last year, DaVita won more than 40 major awards, including those recognizing our success providing exemplary patient care, fostering an invigorating place to work and being responsible, caring corporate citizens.
6. Our standard of corporate social responsibility—part of our Trilogy of Care—solidifies our mission of being a community first, and a company second.
5. KT, our mayor, has nearly 2,400 Twitter followers. Nice job, KT!
4. DaVita is passionate about sustainability, and environmental stewardship is engrained in our business practices.
3. Our band, the DaVita Blues All Stars, competed in the Battle of the Corporate Bands.
2. DaVita’s board of directors is now majority-diverse, subsequently allowing for a greater diversity of ideas to represent our community.
And, the No. 1 reason DaVita is one of the World’s Most Admired Companies … drumroll please.
1. We give life!