Favorite Kidney-friendly Halloween Recipes
Time to stir up a pot of chili and make a special treat or two to enjoy as you enjoy the string of funny and scary trick-or-treaters visiting your neighborhood. My new favorite Halloween recipe is Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars by DaVita dietitian Maryann from Virginia. Check the ingredient list and below and get ready to fix this kidney-friendly treat.
Portions:16 Serving size: one bar, 2-inch square
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Click here to see the complete Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars recipe.
Kidney diet resources from DaVita.com